Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety and depression - sertraline

(2 Posts)
Margaret1982uk Thu 29-Dec-16 17:31:14

I have been suffering from hideous anxiety and mild depression for the past 2 years and it's worsened since I had my beautiful baby 3 months ago- I have been prescribed sertraline but I am too petrified to take them as I have been over googling and have seen some horrid side effects. I know I need to start them and I want to because I just want my life back and to enjoy being a mum instead of living in a ball of anxiety and just "existing" instead of living. If anyone has any tips/success stories I would really really appreciate it x

FetchezLaVache Thu 29-Dec-16 17:35:51

Hi Margaret, I was on Sertraline for a year or two and I can only praise the stuff. In terms of side effects, all I had was mild diarrhoea on the first day. If you're worried, you could start on half a tablet a day and work your way up? You can get a pill cutter really cheaply from any pharmacy.

Don't forget, if Sertraline doesn't work for you, there are others, so go back to your GP if you need to.

Good luck! And congratulations on your gorgeous cuddly bundle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now