Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Night time panic attacks

(1 Post)
Losingtheplot2016 Mon 26-Dec-16 08:13:47

Hi, just wanted to ask if anyone has had experience of this? I've just had a really stressful time with family and its kicked off awful nighttime panic attacks which wake me from sleep after about an hour. My dad was in hospital with cancer treatment whilst my mum was being looked after by friends. My mum has own mental health problems and it was a really difficult time as she didn't cope.

I'm in the process of going back on citalapran (10 days in ) but I've also been put on diazepam for a few days as the insomnia was appalling. Diazepam doesn't help anxiety particularly but it does seem to get me to sleep. But I feel anxious about taking that.

I'm being reassured that this will end when the citalapran gets working properly but I'm still worried. What I want to know is, has anyone had a similar experience and does this ever bloody end!
The sleep thing is just terrible. I'm getting more worried about sleep than anythingelse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now