Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

coming off fluoxetine (prozac)

(3 Posts)
fifilabouche Mon 19-Feb-07 13:50:06

Does anyone have experience of coming off fluoxetine? I've been on 20mg per day for a year now after post-natal depression and am feeling well enough to give it a go...

Will go and see doc to discuss, but anyone been through it? What should I expect?

F

KezzaG Mon 19-Feb-07 13:57:46

Hi. I had a really positive experience coming off fluoxetine. I was only on 10mg for 3 months so it may take you longer, but my gp prescribed me a liquid dose and I dropped down slowly. I did 5mg for a week, 2.5mg for another week then every other day, every 2nd day and so on.

I had absolutely no side effects whatsoever and feel fine now. I did rush it a bit as I wanted to ttc but it worked well for me.

good luck, I hope it is as easy for you.

fifilabouche Wed 21-Feb-07 18:17:34

thanks Kezza, that's good to know - going to leave it until nights a bit lighter, should be easier then.

F

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now