We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.



Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Scared I'm not coping with my depression

(7 Posts)
nattygk Tue 29-Nov-16 21:08:25

I've had a lot of ill health October and November I was bitten by a golden lab on the 19th of October and I was shooken up my partner had to take me to a&e they didn't clean up the wound just left it which meant I ended up with a secondary infection in the wound. My own gp had to stitch it as the steri strips weren't keeping the wound closed he had me in every 2 days seeing the nurse and I was recovering well. Or so I thought then on the 11th of November I was talking about shower and I collapsed hitting my side of the bath my partner found me called for a ambulance they were concerned as my heart rate wouldn't come down despite being given 3 different types of drugs in the end they had to sedate me I was taking to resus were the staff were very good and helpful. I was then taking to immediate care same department as a&e were I had a bad kid of a nurse trying to force valum on me it's on my records both hospital and gp records still she proceeded to try and give me it by then I was alert and responsive and I was able to speak with the doctors treating me who said that i was fit to make decisions about my treatment but we're concerned about my spleen and a ct scan was needed which showed a bleed on my spleen I was took to assessment and the doctor said I would fit for discharge I stayed with my best friend who looked after me I'm now at home recovering but I'm getting these depressed feelings I just sit and cry for what these people put me threw is it possible to file a complaint about the nurse who treated me I don't want anyone else to suffer how I did

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Wed 30-Nov-16 21:41:30

Yes it is possible to file a complaint..

Please do it.. until the NHS starts to change its ways, there will be a continuing stream of mistakes... and the won't change until the compo starts to bite.

Also the simple act of writing down on paper will help ypu deal with it.

AnxiousCarer Thu 01-Dec-16 17:57:12

If you want to make a complaint you can do so via the Patient Advice and Liason Service (PALS) people can only improve services if problems are highlighted.

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Fri 02-Dec-16 07:39:35


How are you today?
And have you managed to do something about your complaint?

nattygk Fri 02-Dec-16 08:32:43

Yes I'm putting it in writing thanks

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Fri 02-Dec-16 09:47:50

Do you need some help with the writing?
I edit my boss's letters for her to improve the way her drafts read.. She seems to think I do a good job.

nattygk Fri 02-Dec-16 17:33:31

I've got a person who I've emailed it to she said that it's fine straight to the point thanks for the offer though


Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now