Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How to pull myself out of this hole?

(4 Posts)
Bonnie152 Fri 25-Nov-16 10:36:49

I don't even really know where to start but feel that I can't go on as I am.

For a few years I've not really been enjoying life as I should. This has been made much worse by returning to work (teacher with quite a bit of extra responsibility). I have 2 young DC (1 & 3) and just feel so overwhelmed by life.

I feel constantly on edge and anxious, my head feels 'fuzzy' when at work and I'm not as 'on it' as I should be. I stumble over my words a lot. I spend the whole day in my head telling myself I'm doing everything wrong. I come home and continue all evening to fret about work related things and am generally exhausted by it. As much as I love my dc and DH I feel I don't enjoy them at all and just want to be left alone.

I look at others and wonder how they are so happy and how they can be positive and be productive in their work/have tidy and organised homes and then there's me failing in almost every area of life.

I've got the the point that during the weekend I just want to sit and do nothing. It's not that I'm lazy I just feel so overwhelmed with work and housework, even the smallest tasks seem huge and unachievable.

I don't really know what I'm asking. Just looking for some advice on how to stop feeling like this. Im desperate to feel normal and happy again.

Blackbird82 Fri 25-Nov-16 10:45:10

flowers I'm sorry you're finding life tough at the moment.

You have a LOT on your plate, full time work and two young kids, that's a huge amount to juggle. I'm a SAHM and I regularly feel like I'm drowning, have too much to think about, constantly tired etc.

Is part time work an option for you? You need to make sure you get some time for yourself at the weekend, even if it's just an hour. Please try not to feel guilty, you need the head space.

AnxiousCarer Fri 25-Nov-16 11:23:01

Hi bonnie,

It does sound like you have a lot on your plate. I think a trip to your GP sounds like a good idea. They maybe able to help as you do sound quite low. Also remember you only see the bits of people that they want you to see, inside they may not be coping as easily as it appears on the surface, and may even be looking at you and wondering how you do it! flowers

AnxiousCarer Fri 25-Nov-16 11:24:50

Another route may be your occupational health, do they offer any councelling? I would be surprised if they didn't for something like teaching, often the waiting list is much shorter than NHS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now