Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline 200mg - When will it kick in?! Please Help!

(3 Posts)
Bookworm13 Thu 24-Nov-16 16:04:48

Is there anybody out there who is currently taking 200mg Sertraline for anxiety?
I was on 150mg for almost 8 months (which worked great) and then I started to feel rough again.
My GP put me on 200mg just over two weeks ago. I had a great day yesterday but today, I've been a bubbling wreck and feeling flat. My Husband is away overnight tonight and I'm sure that hasn't helped.
I remember my GP saying it will take a good 2-3 weeks before I notice an improvement but I just wondered what other people's experiences were? (I'm having a catch-up with her in a week.)
Thank you!

cabininthewoods2016 Fri 25-Nov-16 07:50:40

Hi

I am on 200mg per day. I started on 50mg for a couple of weeks and had to move up by 50mg over about 2 months to the 200mg. Once I went back to work after 3 months off any less just wasn't worth taking.

I noticed an improvement by about week 2. I take 100mg every 12 hours so usually 7am and 7pm. I sleep well and don't have melt downs at work anymore. However I feel permanently tired, could easily sleep at 2pm, head feels fuzzy and I call it cotton wool brain. I have note books at home and at work because if it isn't written down within a few seconds then I have forgot it. Was becoming a problem at work but now I write down almost everything... sometimes feel like that person in court that records everything said lol.

I know that if I a not on top of my prescriptions and I run out I become really irritable, shouty, tearful and awake.

Hope this helps. I have been on 200mg for 13 months now.

Bookworm13 Mon 28-Nov-16 14:25:41

Thank you cabininthewoods2016 - hope you are doing ok!

I had a fantastic Fri, Sat, Sun but today hasn't been too good. Hopefully it is just settling down and will hit therapeutic level very soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now