Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sodium valproate

(2 Posts)
curr78 Sat 19-Nov-16 01:19:01

Hi I have bipolar affective Disorder , coupled with emotional dis regulations , binge eating and panic disorder ,
Anyway I been on quitieipine sertraline , Lamical for over a year but I been having strong bouts of depression , and recently experiencing mania hallucinations , hyper sex drive and desires to spends create things etc
Anyway things came to head head 3 days ago ,where my cpn got me to see the my mental health dr he wants me to
Go on sodium valproate deprokate( or something along those lines ) I wonder if anyone experienced it as I have of course read of massive weight gain dead feelings drowsiness to the point of complete sleep, at the moment I am on the max quitipine and he's up the lamical as I need bloods etc done first .
I just wanted ppls experiences pls

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Sat 19-Nov-16 19:40:01

I am on it..
Love the stuff.. Howeverf .i did do a lot of self management. I was given 759 mg a day to start and slowly bought it down to 250 a day.. Dr says that is below the minimum effective dose, but it seems to work.

The blood tests are because it can be harsh on the liver... See my post about bi polar II...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now