Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Trazadone

(2 Posts)
Force12 Fri 18-Nov-16 14:41:58

I've been having difficulties sleeping on and off since my daughter was born 11 months ago. Also suffering from low mood and anxiety, particularly when I'm not sleeping well.

After a really bad patch of waking at 2am for the day I went back to GP last week and I've been prescribed trazodone, starting at 50mg. This has improved my sleep and mood a little and I found 100mg has improved it a little more.

I've been taking it for a week now, but still sleep is not brilliant, waking at 430am and then only dozing (lots of weird dreams about Andy Murray(!)) until dd wakes.

I feel exhausted.

Does anyone have any experience of this medication? How long should it take to have an effect on sleep? (I've read mixed reports with some saying immediately and some saying up to 6 weeks).

I'm also questioning the doseage and am tempted to try 150mg tonight as I've read that this is the starting dose for depression.

Any advice and experience would be really appreciated.

ktb123 Fri 18-Nov-16 15:45:48

Hi I have been on this medication for over 2 years starting at 50mg working upto 150mg. This helped me a lot with chronic insomnia, but unfortunately has now stopped working and I am weaning off. I would say try 150 it really helped with anxiety and depression. It did take a while to get full benefits but made me able to function .. Now back to trying something else and struggling again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now