Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Support groups / befriending groups for depression

(7 Posts)
Jinglebellsarenearlyhere Sun 13-Nov-16 07:06:54

The black dog of depression is back and I have recently relocated so all the usual support of friends etc etc is not there.

Is there such a thing as a AA type set up / support groups for people with depression. I just want to be with people who understand.

I am really struggling and have no one to be there for me. So it's just me and my thoughts getting worse and worse.

I do have family and DH but they have their own burdens to carry and it makes me feel worse if I load mine onto them.

I just want to have one person / friend / space who checks in and hols my hand without solutions or misunderstanding..

Any ideas gratefully received

bandbsmummy Sun 13-Nov-16 07:08:09

No ideas, but would love to know if this exists also.

Maybe we can start our own!

AnxiousCarer Sun 13-Nov-16 07:10:45

Not sure about community groups, you could see if mind run anything in your area. You are welcome to join wrists bitches thread on here. Its a safe space to chat with others with understanding of MH issues. flowers

Jinglebellsarenearlyhere Sun 13-Nov-16 07:13:39

I have often thought about doing so but haven't got a clue how!

Jinglebellsarenearlyhere Sun 13-Nov-16 07:15:06

Thank you anxious xxxxxx

hopscotchegg Sun 13-Nov-16 16:18:02

Yes there is such a thing! Mind have got a list of some of them here www.mind.org.uk/information-support/guides-to-support-and-services/peer-support-directory/ and maybe depression charities would have details also?

hopscotchegg Sun 13-Nov-16 16:18:28

Also really sorry things are hard right now flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now