Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anyone know why I may be feeling like this?

(13 Posts)
SarcasmMode Thu 10-Nov-16 16:34:01

Have posted on this board before but ages ago and with a different name.

I'm on anti-depressants (100mg Sertraline)). Been on anti-depressants since 12 I think? I'm 26 now.

I've started to feel... Odd.

For a start I hate being touched. By DH, the kids - whoever. It makes me angry and feel violated.

I also get these odd cold sensations on skin and in chest.

I also have random images/thoughts in my head. Now I've always had odd thoughts and had them annoying before but not terribly distressing but now I'll say imagine I've hurt someone. Or see someone doing something and imagine how that could hurt them.

I'm not afraid of hurting anyone but am afraid I'm a bad person and wouldn't care if someone else was hurt.

Anyone experienced any of this?

I just want to be left alone but having 2 young kids I can't.

SarcasmMode Thu 10-Nov-16 16:57:35

Anyone ? Really feel like something is going to catch fire or explode and I feel not with it. Nothing's going to happen is it?

SarcasmMode Thu 10-Nov-16 17:07:37

? - ?

Flumpsnlumpsnstuff Thu 10-Nov-16 17:34:51

I've nothing to say which could help as just been signed off for 4 weeks and came here looking for support. But I didn't want to read and run. Hope you feel more in control soon flowerschocolate

SarcasmMode Thu 10-Nov-16 18:33:13

Sorry to hear that fump anything I can help with?

SarcasmMode Thu 10-Nov-16 18:33:29

Glimpses

Albadross Thu 10-Nov-16 18:34:44

I have experienced this too - sounds like anxiety but get checked out if it's new for you

AnxiousCarer Thu 10-Nov-16 19:31:41

I'm not sure how much help I can be. I would discuss this with your GP if you haven't already and see if they have any ideas. I wonder if something like cbt would be helpful?

Flumpsnlumpsnstuff Thu 10-Nov-16 19:52:02

Sorry I didn't come back earlier, not really I had a bit of a breakdown 5 years ago and it's happening again. Panic attacks , scratching jumbled thoughts letting everyone down. I'm smart enough to recognise what's happening but not able to stop it, sending you unmn hugs xx

OohhThatsMe Thu 10-Nov-16 19:56:41

OP, I think you should go back to the doctor. My ex husband had a problem with depression and was on Prozac, but after a while it didn't seem to be working for him and his meds were changed.

Are you seeing a consultant at the hospital, given you are on such a high dose long-term? Again, my ex had six monthly appointments at the hospital once it was realised he'd be on meds long term.

Try not to worry and think of it as a side effect rather than you. Make an appointment as soon as you can - it's clear the dose/meds you're on aren't helping any more.

flowers

inthekitchensink Thu 10-Nov-16 20:03:04

Had similar, turns out the pills were no longer working and had to switch to venlafaxine. I seem to develop resistance to different anti depressants at around the one year mark so have to keep switching. Worth discussing with your GP

SarcasmMode Thu 10-Nov-16 20:59:53

Not seeing consultant just gp every 6 months. I've tried to come off meds before but it's backfired magnificently.

I will see if it happens again if so will see GP as it was very scary. Kept feeling like someone was watching me if near a door or window and felt kind of out of it. Gradually got better lasted about 90 mins- 2 hours.

I don't really remember typing this posted out which worries me considering I was in sole charge of a 3 year old and 9 month old.

OohhThatsMe Fri 11-Nov-16 10:56:13

I don't think you should try coming off them on your own, if you need to come off them anyway. It might be that the doctor will try something different. You should really be referred to someone who knows more about it than a GP.

It's worrying you don't remember writing it - can you make an appointment for later today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now