Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Starting CBT on Monday - what to expect?

(2 Posts)
fireandicecubes Thu 03-Nov-16 10:14:43

After a shitty 5 years with ill health, hospital procedures, family estrangements, redundancy & job issues & the menopause, my GP diagnosed me with severe depression. I already take Fluoxetine to help with an ongoing condition, but she has increased the dose. I'm feeling a bit better but on GPs suggestion I have organised CBT & have my first session on Monday.

I'm a little nervous as I've never had any form of counselling before so I'm hoping someone can tell me what to expect. Will this just be a getting to know you & working out what I need?

Thanks in advance

HelloNormal Thu 03-Nov-16 11:44:45

First session you might fill in a few forms, talk about your current problems, your goals, and the way you think about things, and learn a bit about CBT. It'll probably be really tiring. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now