Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Am I worrying too much??

(2 Posts)
Carter201 Thu 03-Nov-16 09:29:20

Hello , I just need some advice please. I have a 15 year old son and just recently he seems to have the "cant be bothered" attitude to his schoolwork. He is a very sporty lad and loves football but even that has this stigma too. I don't want to be a pushy parent and "get at him" all the time, as I explain to him that I only want the best for him, but I only ask him that he does well in school so he doesn't have struggles when trying to get a job. My husband tells me to leave him be as its his life but, as I said, I don't want him struggling financially like we do. Its his parents evening tonight at school and I am not looking forward to it, the worry and overthinking sometimes make me ill. Am I worrying too much?

AnxiousCarer Thu 03-Nov-16 21:03:03

It sounds like a typical teenager to me, but you know him best. Is it worth discussing your concerns with his teachers to see if they are equally concerned. Will he talk to you about any concerns that he has e.g. exam stress, bullying, girls?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now