Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

BPD and completely spontaneous feelings of doom

(3 Posts)
BeautyGoesToBenidorm Wed 02-Nov-16 18:24:16

I have a relatively new BPD diagnosis (a few months old), which is comorbid with bipolar 1 (officially diagnosed 14 years ago). I'm due to start MBT in December.

I've always been a bit prone to anxiety, but does anyone else just get completely out of the blue, unprovoked, uncircumstantial bouts of dread? Or ones springing up from the smallest things? For example, I had a spoken assignment due in for my OU degree. I was shaking and feeling sick the entire time I was doing the voice recording - it wasn't even in front of anyone, ffs - and even though I completed it hours ago, I feel awful. Low, anxious, feeling like everything's doomed... it's ridiculous.

The feeling isn't even attached to the anxiety of my exam anymore, it's taken on a life of its own and now I won't relax til DH gets home, as I need the reassurance that he IS coming home. It's pitiful really.

Is this a BPD thing I haven't yet learned to manage? Any tips about how to process the feelings and not let myself sink into a funk?

HappyCamel Wed 02-Nov-16 21:56:47

Yes, I also have BPD.

In depressive phase I get anxiety both before an event and also going over stuff that's happened in my head repetitively.

I also think about self harm and suicide. Particularly when I'm driving (I think because I don't have enough occupying my mind). Not with any intent but I have to keep pushing the thought away.

I also get irritable and short tempered with DH and the kids. I actually find a glass of wine or a G+T really helps me chill out.

BecauseIamaBear Wed 02-Nov-16 22:33:54

I get it and I don't get it..

I get depressed for.. Although it doesn't come of suddenly but rather over a couple of days.

I don't get why... I have not managed to associate periods of depression with any particular event.. Although I can associate drinking too much with feeling less energetic and more fed up.. The problem there is I do enjoy a drink... or three...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now