Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Medication while pregnant

(2 Posts)
sparkleygem Tue 25-Oct-16 20:28:08

Hi,
I'm finding it really difficult at the moment. I have a 14mo little girl and 20 weeks pregnant too. But I'm working full time and my job is extremely stressful. Just finding it difficult finding the right balance. At the moment I feel like I'm failing at work and more importantly failing at home too. I'm really struggling with anxiety and lay awake many nights.
I love my family very very much but I just don't feel happy but I don't know why.
I'm not sure if I need some medication for PND but I don't want to take anything while pregnant. Has anyone else else needed to take medication while pregnant? I don't want anything that will harm my baby. Thank you in advance.

bellend123 Wed 26-Oct-16 17:05:10

Hi I took fluoxetine and olanzapine whilst pregnant and my baby was fine. I couldn't have done coped without them.

Be aware though that most GPs won't prescribe antidepressants while you are pregnant, you have to be referred to a psychiatrist for it.

I hope you feel better soon flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now