Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

A friend's brother needs urgent help

(4 Posts)
Albadross Fri 21-Oct-16 09:43:13

My friend's brother has schizophrenia and bipolar and has become homeless and addicted to several things. He hasn't been in touch with her or anyone in his family for a while now but they're hoping someone might see him around London - although they're not sure how they can get him the help he needs. If you can share this around your networks it might help. I'm not sure if I could post this on any other parts of MN?

medium.com/@abimakesmusic/my-brother-from-talented-musician-to-homeless-heroin-addict-f19fd1ee2054#.ay2w8fnhp

FruitCider Fri 21-Oct-16 09:47:02

Most mental health referrals are done by GP, very few teams are direct access. If he does not have a GP and is in a MH crisis A+E is a good option. Hope you manage to get him the help he needs!

AnxiousCarer Fri 21-Oct-16 18:14:54

I know how hard this is theres too many cracks in the system for people to fall through. This could so easily be my DH. He disapeared a few years ago but luckily I was able to pursuade him to come home after a few weeks.

Albadross Tue 01-Nov-16 21:19:58

Oops I forgot to come back to the thread...

The issue seems to be that because he has no address, he can't see a doctor etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now