Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Please help

(2 Posts)
user1476454975 Fri 14-Oct-16 15:40:50

I really didn't know where else to turn to. I'm a new mom (lg is 6months), myself, my partner and our lg are currently sleeping in my moms living room. We have nowhere to go! The council have only offered temporary accommodation in London (we live in Birmingham). I need to be around family for support due to my poor mental health & ongoing health issues. My lg is sleeping in a tiny travel cot as we have no room for a full sized cot/travel cot. I'm so worried she will soon have nowhere to sleep. I've been to the council numerous times to only be told that they have no temp accom anywhere in Birmingham or near Birmingham. I've contacted Shelter who have also advised that the council can place us anywhere. I've contacted my local MP who has written back saying he cannot expedite our applications. I've been searching for private properties but nowhere is accepting housing benefit. I've contacted St. Basils but as my parter is 26, he is too old for them to assist. Has anyone been in this situation or know of anyone I can turn to? Please help us

AnxiousCarer Fri 14-Oct-16 22:28:07

Hi,

Sorry you are having such a tough time. Do you have a CPN? When my DH was homeless his CPN went to the housing office with him and managed to get his banding priority increased due to his MH problems. If you don't have a CPN would your GP be willing to write a supporting letter. Not sure what else to suggest, sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now