We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline

(6 Posts)
NurseKeegan Tue 11-Oct-16 18:37:25

Hi Everyone!

I've just been commenced on sertraline for PND. Despite being a nurse (A&E), I have no idea what to expect!

I would be so grateful for any advice smile

Margaret1982uk Thu 29-Dec-16 14:15:08

Did you start the sertraline? Any tips will be appreciated!

intheknickersoftime Thu 29-Dec-16 14:25:10

Hi, I took sertraline for 18 months. I am off it now for the last 3 months. I found it enormously helpful as it got rid of that horrible, gut wrenching anxiety. Now I'm off it I notice a big difference but I'm trying to manage my anxiety in other ways. However, if I felt I needed it again I wouldn't hesitate to go back to the GP. You will notice a difference in your clarity of thinking but it takes a while to take affect. I had a short course of CBT also which helped a lot and I'm still using those techniques. Well done for doing this, it can be hard to get help. We all feel as though we should just "manage". Sometimes that's just not enough.

FannyCradock Thu 29-Dec-16 14:29:15

I took sertraline for anxiety, it worked very well. I felt nauseous for a couple of weeks then gradually felt better with time. I hope it helps you.

Margaret1982uk Thu 29-Dec-16 14:49:09

Thank you so much for your replies. I have had them on my kitchen table for the past 3 months since I had my baby as I have been too petrified to take them. I need to do this as I am suffering so much and I just want my life back so I can enjoy being a mum. Really praying they will help me.
My doc said to start on half a dose and then work myself up to a full tablet after a few weeks smile

intheknickersoftime Thu 29-Dec-16 20:34:15

Start taking it op, you won't look back. PND robs you of your happiness and you deserve to be happy. Ask the GP to be referred to a counsellor. It took a while to get an appointment but it was helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now