We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

So worried...

(5 Posts)
scared7778 Mon 10-Oct-16 10:03:04

NC for the purposes of this post. I'm in a real state, basically I'm worrying myself sick that I've accidentally done something wrong. I have extreme anxiety around the police being in trouble and it affecting my children. This particular worry is linked to something I've seen online in search results when I searched for something completely different. I've been worrying about it for months now but it's taken a turn for the worse and I'm making it a bigger thing than it is. I keep all my worries from my kids, it's killing me inside but they literally keep me going and are my world but as soon as they're asleep I cry. My DH knows and reassures me I've done nothing wrong but I just can't seem to stop worrying and imagining the worst. Two years ago I had a similar thing over a financial error and basically had a six month worrying period which resulted in me being prescribed ADs as I thought I was in trouble. I've had other little instances of this also. Even though I know I haven't done anything wrong intentionally im worried sick. Can't stop playing it over and over in my head and feel sick, heart constantly pounding and can't eat and sleep. If I read anything about the police or people being arrested I get worse instantly. I don't think I've ever broken the law in my life but my brain just keeps making me think I have. I can't carry on like this.

AnxiousCarer Mon 10-Oct-16 11:33:37

It doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong, I think most of us have at least once put something completely innocent in a search engine and its bought up a dodgy site. I remember a collegue saying she had had to quickly intervene when her daughter searched for "beautiful princesses"!

The anxiety levels are obviously interfering with your daily life so it might be worth a visit to the GP again. I wonder if something like CBT would be helpful for you to control this anxiety? Maybe something to discuss with them.

scared7778 Mon 10-Oct-16 15:32:05

I've self referred to local CMH and they're going to contact me tomorrow but I know there's a big wait. Tried to get into GP but the one I can talk to is not available until 31st October. Thanks for your reply smile

Orchidflower1 Mon 10-Oct-16 18:55:13

Hope you feel better soon - have you tried mind website? Xx

scared7778 Mon 10-Oct-16 19:38:24

No I haven't. I really hoped I'd conquered this.... I will take a look thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now