Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Citaopram, take morning or night.

(8 Posts)
UntidyAn0n Fri 07-Oct-16 22:37:06

I'm on 10mg daily to start with. For anxiety mostly. Anyone have Any experience of best time of day to take it? Thanks

DeathByMascara Fri 07-Oct-16 22:38:54

It's never made me drowsy, but I've always taken mine at night, simply because its the easiest way for me to remember.

I hope it works for you.

rumred Sat 08-Oct-16 08:24:18

i dont think it makes any difference, from experience

Justwanttoweeinpeace Sat 08-Oct-16 08:27:21

I found it easier to take before bed. It really knocked me out when I started so it helped with the insomnia.

Newbluetattoo Sat 08-Oct-16 08:43:53

Always morning because I'm so forgetful - if I forget at night there's a chance I'll go to bed without taking it......if I forget in the morning, chances are I'll remember in half an hours time. With Citralopram, I'd start to feel nauseous/ lightheaded after a few hour of a missed dose, horrible feeling.

UntidyAn0n Sat 08-Oct-16 09:41:38

Thanks everyone. I feel sick about going back on them, but needs must.

pugsake Sat 08-Oct-16 10:50:05

I always did morning they can cause insomnia.

Have you not been offered that new one?

It's escacitalopram (sp) the side effect are lesser I think. My cpn raved about it.

MisterT373 Sun 09-Oct-16 12:51:13

My GP was reluctant to put me on Ecitalopram as the cost is greater than Citalopram. (apparently Ecitalopram was developed after the patent for citalopram expired so it could be produced cheaply). After taking Citalopram for 4 weeks I went back to the GP and she put me on Ecitalopram which I've just started. I've always taken it last thing at night but she suggested taking it in the morning to get the benefits from it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now