Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

anxiety and depression

(7 Posts)
ScarlettB18 Thu 15-Sep-16 11:32:36

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my day today. For the last seven years I've suffered with severe anxiety and depression. I never used to be able to leave my house, get on a bus or go to the shops on my own. I used to struggle to wake up and get ready for the day, I found it hard to do basic things like shower, eat and get dressed.

Today I woke up, had breakfast, had a shower, got dressed, I went into town and brought some baby stuff, went into tesco and got dinner for tonight and then went and sat in Costa and had a drink on my own.

This might sound silly but I am so proud of myself, when I was 16 crying myself to sleep every night contemplating whether it was all worth it, I never imagined I would be where I am today.

I have a lovely little apartment with my amazing boyfriend, I have beautiful baby boy on the way and I am able to do normal things again all on my own without breaking down.

I hope anyone suffering from depression/anxiety or any kind of mental illness can find some comfort in this, because we are all strong enough to face our demons and we can get better! I truly believe we only get given what we can deal with and even though sometimes it doesn't feel that way and it seems impossible, we can do it!

I hope everyone has a lovely day and thanks for reading!biscuit

AnxiousCarer Thu 15-Sep-16 16:30:12

Lovely story well done :-)

ExcellentWorkThereMary Thu 15-Sep-16 16:33:49

I also suffer with depression and anxiety and I totally get what a huge deal it is for you to have done this today. Thank you for sharing, and well done!! Are you exhausted now?! Take care of yourself xx

dangermouseisace Thu 15-Sep-16 20:19:52

flowers that's so lovely. I hope everything goes well for you and your little family!

imnervous Thu 15-Sep-16 20:25:29

What a lovely day you've had smile, here's to many more hopefully!!

bellend123 Thu 15-Sep-16 20:52:46

How lovely to read, well done you

OhTheRoses Thu 15-Sep-16 20:55:15

I am so pleased for you.

What sorts of things have helped you to achieve this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now