Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.


(6 Posts)
user1473352889 Thu 08-Sep-16 17:58:49


Not sure if this is the right place to post this but mumsnet seemed like the best place for my query.

My friends sister-in-law has been having a few problems since the birth of her now three year old. She was diagnosed with PND shortly after and has had a history of depression. My friend alerted me to this because she has blocked her husband and all her family from seeing her online activity.

She has started a blog about how much she hates parenting. She claims that her daughter is "evil" and regrets having her every single day. She says her life is a living hell and she would do anything not to have her daughter here. The mum also has some health problems and insists that her daughter does too despite no confirmation from GP and the blood tests she's conducting herself coming up negative.

I have no children myself so I'm really not sure how much of a red flag this is. She's also blocked her husband from viewing what she posts online although she does tell him how unhappy she is. He is supportive and tries to do as much childcare as he can but she says time away from her daughter highlights how much she hates her.

Does anyone have any advice? I'd hate for something to happen to either of them as would my friend.

user1473352889 Thu 08-Sep-16 21:06:05

If someone could even just point me in the right direction of where I should post this that would be great.

Sunnysky2016 Thu 08-Sep-16 22:36:41

Hi I was one of those 'behind the scene' mums- I.e- reading posts but no registering, until I seen your post.

I'm not health professional so please do not rely on me. I would suggest that your friends hunsabnd? Contact the health visitor as the child is under 4, and the GP requesting an emergency review of her sister in law.
There is always the possibility she may go on to harm the child, as horrid as that sounds.
The health visitor and GP will have come across this before and will know what to advise her husband on, as to what needs to happen.
If it's not possibly, your friend could contact the health visitor herself and they will take the necessary steps.
Sorry if this is not much help, I felt that you needed a response take care

Sunnysky2016 Thu 08-Sep-16 22:37:52

P.s- this is a HUGE red flag- help
Is needed ASAP

SingaSong12 Thu 08-Sep-16 22:43:38

Can you speak to your friend's husband and tell him you are worried about your friend. You don't necessarily have to mention the stuff online if she has said things to you directly. When you say she is doing blood tests what do you mean, is she paying to have them done privately?

user1473352889 Fri 09-Sep-16 07:09:14

The mum is diabetic so has blood testing equipment at home.

Because the mum is already receiving twice weekly MH treatment the husband does know there's something up, so he really would need to be told the severity of what she's posting.

I just wasn't sure who to report it to, thanks for your responses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now