Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I think I need some help, anxiety nightmares taking over daily life.

(2 Posts)
Cantcarryonlikethis Thu 08-Sep-16 12:49:16

OK this is going to be quite long so please bear with me.
I have undiagnosed, untreated anxiety problems and feel like I may possibly have ocd.
I worry constantly about everything but seem to concentrate on things specifically when I'm having a particularly bad time. I have two dc's and often my worry resides around them falling ill and have spent a lot of their younger years obsessing over specific illnesses and things that could go wrong.
I was abused as a child and also was very over protective of dd even with family members which probably made me seem a bit crazy as no one knows about the abuse.
A lot of the time my worries manifest themselves as nightmares, which brings me to why I'm having a hard time at the minute.
When I was younger I always had anxiety and in my late teens I got into drinking and one particular night I was offered drugs at a house party and took them. I blacked out at some point in the evening and couldn't remember a thing. I woke up in the morning and was half undressed and could feel that I had been raped while I was out of it.
I got myself together and never reported it as I felt it was my fault although obviously not the case.
Recently I have been having nightmares about taking drugs and that when I'm high I have killed someone during my blackout.
Now my rational mind knows that hasn't happened and it was just a dream, but my ocd keeps replaying the nightmare and I can't help thinking what the hell else may have happened that night if I don't remember being raped. I think it's more the fact that I lost control and let myself get into that situation but my mind is going overdrive.
It was a very long time ago but I just can't get the nightmares off my mind.
I don't know what I'm looking for just maybe someone to talk to.

user1473509591 Sat 10-Sep-16 13:27:44

Hi,
I'm sorry that this has happened to you. I know it's hard but your first and most important step is to ring your doctor. They will have a plan for you. No matter how much you think it will or won't help, asking for help is an important first step to recovery. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now