Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Head doesn't feel right

(3 Posts)
Summerisntcoming Wed 07-Sep-16 10:28:22

Not sure what is going on, I defiantly don't feel depressed in terms of being sad or upset but I don't feel right!!
I have the following:

-Exhausted and always tired.
-No motivation even though I am usually a busy on the go person.
-Find it hard to find the effort to talk to people even OH sometimes I just can't be bothered.
- I feel almost empty sort of blank but not sad or down, just nothing, is the only way I can explain it.
-If I go out to the shop etc I feel detached, and spaced out, almost like I am watching from outside, dazed and not quite with it.
- I dread the though of bumping into someone I know when I am out.
- Apart from family, I don't like eating in front of people or meals out etc.

I am sure there is more but off the top of my head I can't think. Any idea what could be going on?

FriedPisces Wed 07-Sep-16 12:55:11

Sounds a little bit like a depression and anxiety disorder. I have a few of those symptoms - I always know when depression is rearing its ugly head when I have no motivation to do anything. The empty/blank thing I have, not wanting to speak to people, but I have those symptoms when depression is threatening. I don't necessarily have to feel sad or down to be depressed, but lack of motivation, isolating myself etc are big pointers for me.
Have you tried doing a depression self assessment? You could always do one of those (have a look on NHS website) and then go to a GP for a bit more advice.

rumred Wed 07-Sep-16 12:56:25

also get GP to look at your thyroid? underactive makes everything slow down and can fuel depression

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now