Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Help for mental health issues / postnatal depression

(2 Posts)
Jessypaston Mon 05-Sep-16 21:18:23

I am a qualified counsellor who has worked with new mums with low level mental health issues with 4Children across Wychavon District. Unfortunately the funding has now run out but I loved the work so much and seeing such positive results, I've decided to go private.

From all the clients I saw and my own personal experiences, I have put together a New Mum guide to help you with your mental health in this time of huge change and transition. It is a FREE guide you get after you sign up.

I sincerely hope you find it useful and please know that I am available to offer help to anyone struggling out there. I have made it my life's mission to help others the way I needed help with my depression.

Enjoy www.jessypaston.biz/2016/08/03/new-mum-guide/

Elliotsmama3001 Thu 08-Sep-16 12:29:27

My sisters are adamant I have postnatal depression, based purely on the fact I told them I am sick of looking after their children. After I left my sons father because he was violent I moved in with my older sister, I was pregnant at the time and agreed to look after my niece while my sister worked, which I never minded one bit, however when my sister got a new boyfriend she expected me to look after her daughter while she went out with him, meaning I had my newborn son and a six year old by myself 5 nights a week, I've done this for eight months and when I told my sister I had had enough an she needed to give her daughter more structure and routine, she decided I have postnatal depression. It wouldn't be so bad if she said it in a concerned family member way but instead I got that I'm crazy and ought to go see a dr and sort out my head, I've had no problems bonding with my child and no issues looking after the children however they say it's because I haven't gone back to work yet, but how am I supposed to do so when I have her child to care for aswell as my own?! Does this sound like depression or just somebody who is stretched to their limit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now