Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Had about enough

(4 Posts)
Changer1234 Fri 02-Sep-16 17:47:41

My kids are 5 and 4 and they fight so bad.
I don't know where we have gone so wrong raising them.
I hate life so much right now. I'm sick of it. Everything is such a battle and I don't know if I can go on anymore.
It's not fair. Everyone else seems to.manage and I just can't. Sat here on tears I canT cope

MotherOfROC Fri 02-Sep-16 17:56:55

From a mother of 3, siblings fight OP, mine are DS16,DD12 &DS 10. They all fight amongst each other and sometimes 2 on 1. I don't believe this makes you a bad parent . I have told them I do not accept this behaviour and I am not their referee and if they choose to fight one another then not to come to me when one of them gets hurt. They are pushing each other's boundaries and when it escalates I punish all 3 the same, ie no wifi, no electronics etc. At a younger age I just separated them and did the same So that they all know each had same punishment. Please don't blame yourself it happens to the best of us

Changer1234 Fri 02-Sep-16 18:06:12

Thank you. It just feels so hard and like every day is such a battle. There's other things stressing me out as well which makes it even worse but it's like I've failed as a parent. sad really struggling right now.

MotherOfROC Sat 03-Sep-16 00:34:52

Do you have someone you can't talk to in RL? Honestly being a parent is a learning curve and to be honest I'm sure every mum feels like this at some point. As they get older it gets easier but just brings a whole lot of new problems. Do you have a DP who can take over to give you a break? I still get days when I feel like I have failed my youngest has ADHD and Autism and I have to parent a little different in some respects and my older 2 feel like i am harder on them. Your babies are still young once they start going to school and you get a break it will feel easier. I am recovering from an op and have been off work with them the entire 6 weeks for the first time since I was on maternity leave with my youngest and I admit it has been bloody hard and I can't wait to get back to work. Try to find sometime for yourself to recharge and you will feel better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now