Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Took 2 extra seretaline

(4 Posts)
Amie197918 Tue 16-Aug-16 21:06:08

Hi
I was prescribed 100mg of seretaline or Zoloft or whatever it's called. He told me 200 was the max dose and to take two tablets (200mg) if I felt I needed an increase. Well I've been taking 200mg took them about 12 in the afternoon.

Not coping feel they're not helping. Doc says he can't do anything and I need a psyc evaluation as he can only help with anxiety and depression and he expects I don't have that so he can't treat me. He's told me it's not urgent so may be a few months so just carry on zo loft. Today really wasn't coping head is driving me insane took 2 more to try make it stop but it hasn't but anyway I have taken 400mg today about 5 hours apart

Is this ok

Rachcakes Tue 16-Aug-16 21:10:08

Ring 101. That's over your prescribed dose and quite a lot. I take 100mg a day, 200mg is a relatively high dose to start with.
You need proper medical advice, and soon.

WanderingTrolley1 Wed 17-Aug-16 01:07:20

You need to see your doctor, OP.

flowers

Fawun Wed 17-Aug-16 16:10:57

Sertraline isn't really like medication in the sense that it's fast acting. Not like say paracetamol for a headache, you would need to potentially take 200mg for a number of weeks to feel the benefit.

It sounds like you could do with seeing your doctor, it might be that a short term acting drug that would bring down immediate anxiety would be a possibility in conjunction with your existing sertraline medication.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now