Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety and agoraphobia

(2 Posts)
ItsSoooFluffy Mon 01-Aug-16 10:40:25

I'm a longtime suffer of anxiety. Been given cbt three times now over the years but I have not found it helpful, there is reluctance to offer anything other than cbt even when I stressed to my my gp that I didn't find it helpful at all. I think I have now developed agoraphobia. I am very worried about leaving my house, I can feel my heart start to beat erratically and I start to sweat when I think about it. I have cancelled a few gp appointments as I cannot face leaving the house and start to feel extremely anxious. I used to be fine going to the local village shop about a half mile away but finding that difficult to do now. My partner works shifts so five on five off. The five on I do not leave my house, when he is off I can go a short distance from home providing he is with me and I can go home at any time should I feel I need to.
Really don't know what I want from my thread, so I'm sorry if this sounds pointless. Are there any other agoraphobic people here? Thank you for reading.

wfrances Mon 01-Aug-16 14:43:28

hi
im agoraphobic , i havent been able to go out alone for 19 years .(very short distances to hospital /gp appointments)
sometimes ive not been able to go out at all
mine is secondary caused by ptsd
ive had many therapies nothings worked so far.
so if you come across something that works please let me know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now