Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Humans have a design flaw

(5 Posts)
Petal40 Wed 27-Jul-16 19:59:50

Why oh why are we not made with a button we can press ,when we've had enough...I would so of pressed mine a million times over...I hate this world with all its violence...

Jayfee Wed 27-Jul-16 23:51:53

There is so much more love in the world than hatred. Best not to watch too much news though...too depressing. But really, if you walk about the streets or sit in a park and watch people go by you will see human kindness all around.

user87654321 Fri 29-Jul-16 06:38:01

I guess because our instinct is to survive. I think we would have all have pressed it, petal, in the heat of the moment .

Jayfee is right. There are good people all around.

LynetteScavo Fri 29-Jul-16 07:00:46

I don't think humans have a design flaw, I think think modern inventions give us more than we can cope with.

I don't feel my brain has evolved enough to cope with a large supermarket shop. Other people can't cope with world news constantly available on Internet.

150years ago you would go to a greengrocer and probably never hear about atrocities in other countries. That's not long in evolutionary terms.

OhWhatAPalaver Fri 29-Jul-16 11:31:21

There is an inherent need amongst a lot of people I know and that is the need to 'get away from it all'. Day to day life gets too much for all of us at times. I read a quote from Voltaire the other day - 'life is a shipwreck, but we must remember to sing in the lifeboats.' I can really relate to that right now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now