Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I can feel the depression creeping back in

(3 Posts)

I've been on sertraline for over a year and want to stop taking it. I've been gradually lessening the amount and am now down to 50mg every 3rd day.

I thought I was doing OK but in the last few weeks I've felt myself getting worked up over stupid stuff, shouting at the kids more and generally not being as happy.

I don't want to be depressed anymore, I don't have a reason to be depressed anymore, why has it not fucked off already?

I started taking anti d's for pnd and social anxiety. I've had cbt for the social anxiety which has worked great and my 'baby' is nearly 2 now. I don't understand sad

MyKingdomForBrie Wed 27-Jul-16 14:24:52

Maybe you're not ready to reduce your meds. Nothing wrong with taking them until you're ready. Depression doesn't need a reason, it's a chemical imbalance in your brain not something that occurs due to a specific life trouble.

PandaPop55 Wed 27-Jul-16 18:48:06

Please dont beat yourself up about it. I went on sertraline for pnd and tried to come off it a couple of times with awful results. My baby is 4. It is good that you are reducing gradually but if u r starting to wobble maybe it is not the right time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now