Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Pregnant - going cold turkey on Sertraline

(3 Posts)
ElsaMars Tue 26-Jul-16 16:45:35

Hello,

I'm pregnant and until recently I was on 50g of Sertraline. I cut this down to 25mg about 2 weeks before I found out because of some symtoms I was having that means I'm also seeing a neurologist in Sept.

Basically Doc wanted the Sertraline to be ruled out as the cause before I see the neurologist.

When I found out I was pregnant, I took 12.5 for 2 days and then stopped completely after Doc said it was safe as long as I feel OK.

I'm having lots of pregnancy symtoms and my boobs are huge but my main issue at the moment is the 'spaced out' feeling I'm getting.

When I wake up, it takes about 4 hours for meal to feel awake and I'm so foggy. I also feel dizzy - not spinning dizzy but my balance is a bit off dizzy.

My question really is, does anyone have any experience of this kind of withdrawal and how long does it last?

I'm having other worries relating to the pregnancy and worrying about this isn't helping!

So, so tired as well, can doze at any point which isn't really like me!

onthemetro Tue 26-Jul-16 16:48:36

I've had this before when I've stopped taking ADs suddenly, it lasts about a fortnight but gradually gets better. It's horrible going through it, felt like my brain was melting or something, I couldn't focus and kept getting these weird brain 'zaps'.

That's part of the reason why I didn't want to come off it when I found out I was pregnant (that and because they work so well for me)! It'll pass soon.

I hope everything goes OK with the neurologist

ElsaMars Wed 27-Jul-16 19:54:33

Thanks onthe. It's do disorientating. Seems to be a tiny bit better today, I feel less shattered. Fingers crossed it will carry on easing off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now