Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I think I just had a panic attack.

(3 Posts)
DiamondInTheRuff Thu 21-Jul-16 07:58:11

I'm alone with DS. He's 3 and very scared. So am I.

My heart is pounding. Fighting back tears. Have to keep going back to deep breathing.

I've been blaming my husband for our problems but what if it's not him? What if it's all in my head?

I want to take DS and run but what if I'm not fit to care for him.

I'm 34 weeks pregnant. I CANNOT do this.

SkyLucy Thu 21-Jul-16 08:07:17

Didn't want to read and run. You need to speak to someone, now. Who can you phone? Parent? Friend? Neighbour? Helpline? Midwife?

Then I would recommend making an appointment with your GP or speaking to your midwife about support. I'm pg with a mental health issue and am receiving great support - no judgment, just kindness and practical advice.

The worst thing is to sit alone and let your thoughts take over. They're likely to be irrational. You need to have a conversation with someone who can help you see reality, which I strongly suspect isn't as bleak as you feel right now.

flowersflowersflowers

DiamondInTheRuff Thu 21-Jul-16 08:13:42

I have a midwife appointment this afternoon but my husband will probably go. I can't talk to her then.

I am seeing the GP on 9th August. It's the earliest I can go whilst DS is in nursery.

My mum will be here in a couple of hours so I can go to work but this morning was partially triggered by her (she doesn't like my husband).

If I ring someone I think I'll start crying again. I've only just calmed DS down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now