Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety about going on holiday

(6 Posts)
Bumperstickers Wed 13-Jul-16 23:20:18

Exactly this. Going on holiday tomorrow and feel sick and don't want to go. I don't know what's wrong with me. I plan a holiday for ages and dream of having a wonderful time relaxing in the sun etc and when it comes down to it, I just don't want to go. Everything is sorted but I feel sick and all churned up inside. I'm not afraid of flying or anything like that but I just seem to get scared about everything going wrong and being awful.
I did this the last time we went away and felt ill about it, but we had a really lovely time and there is no reason why this holiday should be any different.
Wtf is wrong with me? Am I the only person like this?

Coconutty Thu 14-Jul-16 08:23:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EttaJ Thu 14-Jul-16 16:42:40

You're not alone OP. I do too. We have wonderful vacations but I'm always anxious for the build up and the day before. Then it just all happens and I enjoy it thoroughly. I panic about EVERYTHING concievable. Planning and lists help me a great deal. Have a wonderful time and relax!

peachypips Thu 14-Jul-16 16:44:20

Same here. I now just think to myself that I'm not going to expect to enjoy it until the day after I arrive! I'm not anxious about anything specific, just an overwhelming unease!

panegyricS1 Sat 16-Jul-16 23:58:58

I know what you mean. I'm ok when I arrive, and have got used to the hotel...... I haven't ever had a "bad" holiday but I can't get excited during the build-up (the way I do about Christmas, for example) and as well as unspecific anxiety, I fret about losing my passport, missing the flight, leaving our dog in kennels etc etc.

Bumperstickers Sun 24-Jul-16 21:36:42

Thanks everyone. Back now and did have a lovely time and wanted to stay longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now