Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Insomnia/anxiety is there a thread I can join

(4 Posts)
Middleoftheroad Tue 12-Jul-16 20:26:12

Just returned form.docs to talk about my anxiety and lack of sleep for past 2.5 years. He was most unhelpful. I didnt want any meds but now thinking I need sthg for sleep as I cannot bear this constant state thats destroying my life. Is there an existing insomnia thread I can join here please? Also, in desperation going to try a swig of son's Chlorphenamine Maleate (basically piriton i think) tonight. Has anyone had any success with this?

Middleoftheroad Thu 14-Jul-16 19:48:29

Anybody?

LuckyBitches Mon 18-Jul-16 16:10:00

Hi OP,

Sorry to hear you're suffering. I've been there too. Have a search for sleep anxiety on this site and you'll see a few threads.

I'm being treated for sleep related anxiety (although it's a bit chicken/egg!) with Sertraline for anxiety and a low dose of Mirtazapine for sleep. It's working well, thank God!

Insomnia is an absolute misery, but it is treatable. I would look for another GP!

Middleoftheroad Mon 18-Jul-16 23:06:36

Thanks Lucky sorry to hear about yr problems too but your current success is uplifting! Booked to see another GP soon and asked for double sesh so wont be rushed. I do have a tendancy to play things down but will be honest. It is reassuring to know that a solution just may b possible thanks and I will search the gorums. Thanku for replying smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now