Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Was this a panic attack

(5 Posts)
poppygolightly Sun 10-Jul-16 19:50:27

Last night we were camping and it was quite noisy ( I should also add I'm quite stressed at the moment. I was lying in bed worrying about how safe it was to be in a tent in a field ). As I'm lying in my sleeping bag suddenly my heart starts racing and I feel like I can't breathe and I want to run away but I can't move. This lasts for about ten minutes during which I'm trying to focus on deep breathing to calm myself. Today I feel a bit yuk, no appetite and my hands are tingly. Was this a panic attack and what should I have done. Thanks xx

VioletBam Mon 11-Jul-16 12:55:02

It might have been but the fact that you feel off today and particularly the fact that your arms are tingly, makes me feel that you need to see the GP incase it was your heart playing up. flowers I don't mean to scare you...just to be on the safe side. Are you still camping?

Owllady Mon 11-Jul-16 12:58:14

It does sound like one but do go to the GP if you can. Apart from anything else they can prescribe beta blockers to take the edge off if it happens again.
Sympathy, panic attacks are horrible sad flowers

poppygolightly Mon 11-Jul-16 21:22:38

Thanks - I will wait and see if it happens again before I see my gp as I'm not keen on taking medication. Thanks for your help guys xx

JustANumber Mon 11-Jul-16 21:29:00

sounds like a panic attack, i had the same in my legs and they felt like lead i couldnt walk. Hope your feeling better panic attacks are horrible things!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now