Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

PND? Any advice? So sad

(6 Posts)
247mumxx Wed 06-Jul-16 11:28:38

Hi all
Just wanted to come on here for some advice. DD2 is now 2 mo and I'm really struggling. I am sad all the time and think I've been going into depression since she was born. Can't talk or look at my two other kids (DS and DD1) or DH bc I feel so much guilt and don't even want to be with DD2. DH has to take care of her when i can't get out of bed (which is most of the time). I'm so sad. Any advice on what to do? Drugs? CBT? Thanks xx

ItsyBitsyBikini Wed 06-Jul-16 11:36:16

Go to your gp if you haven't done so already and please speak to your dp about how you feel. He will most likely know something is wrong but it will be better if you can talk about how you feel with him.
Did you have a traumatic labour or anything bad happen during birth? How were you when your other 2 children were born.
flowers for you, pnd is horrendous and I hope you can get the help you need.

247mumxx Wed 06-Jul-16 11:57:18

Itsy--
Thank you for your concern. Going to talk to GP very soon. Nothing happened during any of my pregnancies... which makes me feel worse because I feel like I'd have an excuse to feel this sad if something had happened. Wasn't sad after DS and DD1 were born. Just with DD2 am I having a really hard time.

Not totally sure I want to go on AD yet so if you have advice about other ways to make me feel less depressed id be very appreciative smile

ItsyBitsyBikini Wed 06-Jul-16 12:05:32

Can you get out in the day with DD2, even if it's just a quick 20 mins walk to the shop? How old are your older children? Does dp help at night? Sorry for all the questions! I have history of pnd in the family so it's a worry for me.
I'm like you nothing happened in pregnancy or birth but it could be that something trivial could be setting you off. I find not having adult conversation has been difficult so will be going to some groups in the next few weeks.

Good luck at GP!

247mumxx Wed 06-Jul-16 12:14:55

On a good day i can get out with DD2 for a little while but otherwise it takes a lot just to be with her inside. I will try to go out with her more but taking so much energy to just walk around the house.
DS is almost 5 and DD1 is 2... they definitely don't make it easier on me since they're so young as well. DH is helping as much as he can but I just get so frustrated at all of them. I'm sorry to hear about the history of PND in your family sad

ItsyBitsyBikini Wed 06-Jul-16 14:38:29

You definitely need a break even if it's just for an hour to get some rest or have a bath (just some time to yourself) I'm sure you know it'll work wonders!
It's all about control - you have 3 kids under 6 which is a lot for anyone to handle let alone a mum who is feeling down. If you have friends or family close by, lean on them. Pm me if you want if you're ever feeling down or need someone to vent to. Us mums have to stick together smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now