Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How to cope with losing control and anxiety

(1 Post)
FairySouth Tue 05-Jul-16 10:16:21

I am going through a difficult time at the moment and I am not sure how I can move forward with my life.

I struggle with being in control and find that I get very anxious when things are out of my control. At the moment I am on Fluoxetine for my anxiety and low mood as it is having an impact on my life.

My husband lost his job in October and this has placed extreme pressure on our lives. We want to legally pursue the issue but my husband’s depression and unemployment has meant that he has not chased this or made much effort to move it forward even though he wants to. The fact that I am not able to take charge and control this leaves me anxious and frustrated. I wish he would give me permission to take over the contact with his union but I feel that it is good for him to be in charge of it (it happened to him after all) and it is good for me to learn how to take a step back.

Our issues with our finances are also out of my control and although I am doing my best to support my husband in finding work, I can’t get him a job. I am budgeting as much as I can and watching our money flow and savings but that is all I can do. I am at the limit of what I am able to control and feel like life is spinning away from me and life is falling apart.

What can I do to learn to take a step back and not let lack of control rule my life??

I am aware that what I am going through is a consequence of our current situation and once this passes I am confident things should get better, but this issue will still be there lying dormant until something else crops up that leaves me having to take a back seat and I don’t want what I am going through to be a regular occurrence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now