Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

The motherhood sleep juggling act

(2 Posts)
Saloire Sun 03-Jul-16 09:56:16

Hi there.
Just wondering what you guys do to try and stay well when your sleep is often disrupted. I suffer from insomnia, but also have a child who often clambers into my bed during the night, and a partner who simply refuses to give me any time off from getting up early or putting our DD to bed.

I'm lucky enough to be able to function for a lot of the time like this, but there are times when it becomes exceptionally difficult, especially in the winter (I have SAD).

Saloire Sun 03-Jul-16 10:06:51

Accidentally sent message before it was finished. Just going through a bit of a tough time emotionally and physically due to lack of sleep, and wondered if you guys might have any coping strategies for this, as it is an integral part of parenthood it seems. I have tried everything to get my partner to do the occasional morning on weekends, but he just sleeps through and appears not to understand how profoundly continued lack of sleep affects me mentally.
Thank you,
S xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now