Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I'm going for counselling today

(7 Posts)
Goingtobeawesome Thu 30-Jun-16 10:20:59

I'm not sure I can say what type but I'm worried about what it will be like if I don't like the counsellor. I make very snap decisions with people and are rarely wrong. I'm not sure I need this type of counselling but it's the first time it's been offered solid be stupid not to try but I'm worried about so many things about it.

dangermouseisace Thu 30-Jun-16 14:08:02

best to go with an open mind (hard I know). Good luck! And you're right, you are wise to take up anything that is offered.

ricketytickety Thu 30-Jun-16 14:14:13

Keep going....it can take quite a few sessions to build trust. You don't have to like them, just know they are good at what they do.

Goingtobeawesome Thu 30-Jun-16 14:15:34

It's more about trust than like. I'm not sure I have the time right now for this as have DH and DD worries confusedsad.

Thank you. Your posts help.

Tatiana11235 Thu 30-Jun-16 14:18:53

IME of counselling - it will get worse before it gets better. Stick to it and if it makes no difference in say 5 sessions then maybe consider something else. But definitely give it a go.

Goingtobeawesome Thu 30-Jun-16 14:24:46

I kind of feel the ship has sailed. I've struggled for a long time but I sorted things for myself. One bout of tears with a doctor who'd never met me, misunderstood the tears, and this is where I am. I will go. I'm just full of stress re h and d that I can't think of anything but them.

Goingtobeawesome Fri 01-Jul-16 21:05:32

I had a looooong wait.

Lady was lovely.

I survived.

Thank you for the encouragement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now