Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Where can I go to get my wounds dressed?

(4 Posts)
TheseLittleEarthquakes Thu 23-Jun-16 12:02:53

I can't sit in A&E for hours, and I wouldn't want to waste their time. I don't need stitches or anything but maybe steri strips, and I think they need properly cleaning as some of them are a bit oozy.

If I made a gp appt would they do it there? Or do you think if I went to a pharmacy and bought some dressings they'd do it for me?

PalacePalacePalace Thu 23-Jun-16 12:06:30

The practice nurse at gp is changing mine for me at the moment.

But do you need any other treatment? Seeing a doc either at a&e or your gp might be a good idea as well.

Hope your ok.

Imnotaslimjim Thu 23-Jun-16 12:08:50

Contact your GP and see if they have a nurse available. And please tell them the truth on how they occurred. I'm assuming, giving the topic you've posted under that they're SH wounds? They won't judge you, I promise but they will want to help.

For now, make sure you keep it clean and dry. Use diluted Dettol or similar if you have it, pat it dry with something fluff free then cover it with a sterile dressing. You can get self adhesive ones if its in a place you can only get to one handed (on your arm for instance)

TheseLittleEarthquakes Thu 23-Jun-16 12:27:16

Thank you. I'll give the surgery a call and ask to see the nurse.

I'm ok, I'm an old hand at this and been 'in the system' a while, just that last nights cuts went a bit deeper than usual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now