Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety and flying

(5 Posts)
busybusy10 Wed 22-Jun-16 08:24:47

Hi I suffer from anxiety whenever I am in enclosed spaces or can't get out quickly. I have booked a holiday in 2 months time and am terrified! Any tips for getting me through the flight? I have been to the doctors and got some valium and also seen a hypnotherapist and hope this will be enough but can anyone advise anything else?

Many thanks in advance x

Orchidflower1 Wed 22-Jun-16 11:43:25

Sympathise with u totally- could you fit in a fear of flying course? Xx

busybusy10 Wed 22-Jun-16 22:36:03

Hi thanks for replying. Am thinking about doing the fear of flying course but not actually frightened of flying it's the being enclosed and not being in controlsad fingers crossed the valium works!

Thanks again xx

Orchidflower1 Thu 23-Jun-16 14:15:50

When did you last fly? I did a course and it helped- my main thing is enclosed spaces and not being able to get off!! It did help. Who r you going on hol with- can they support you? X

busybusy10 Fri 24-Jun-16 21:30:39

Hi not flown for 10 years! Flying with husband and kids so hopefully the kids will be enough of a distractionsmile thanks for replying x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now