Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I would like my anxiety to just sod off

(7 Posts)
2ndSopranosRule Sat 18-Jun-16 21:37:42

I don't expect replies but rl support is in short supply atm.

I've had anxiety and depression issues for 7 years and until 12 months ago it was managed fine. I tried different types of medication and counselling and it seemed like I was back on an even keel. Until two weeks ago when I started to fall again.

I'm unbelievably stressed at work - so much to do - and my elderly dad is causing me concern. I'm so fed up of feeling like I'm being ruled by anxiety. This shouldn't be me. I hate it.

KeemaNaanAndCurryOn Sat 18-Jun-16 23:09:07

I hear you. For weeks I've been good. No anxiety, no worries and then Bam. A bit of stress and it's all back. It's such a crap thing to have to deal with and it takes over a bit. I'd love to shove it in a box and drop it into the ocean.

2ndSopranosRule Sun 19-Jun-16 07:47:00

How do you get yourself back on track?

MB69 Sun 19-Jun-16 17:52:12

I loved the honesty of your - 'anxiety - sod off' - if only! You don't reveal much but, in a paradoxical way, maybe getting back on track is not what is needed. It sounds as if 'the track' is what is causing the problem - for example, so much stress at work. If the anxiety has returned then it looks like you may need to go deeper psychologically. James Hollis does some excellent books on understanding the purpose and meaning of anxiety. Yes - strange as it sounds anxiety has a purpose.

2ndSopranosRule Sun 19-Jun-16 21:50:38

I'm struggling to find the purpose (although I have become very mindful of mental health issues, which I do feel has been a strength I've developed).

bingisthebest Sun 19-Jun-16 21:53:10

Me too!! Had a good few weeks then just creeps back in. Fed up of it now. I don't have a plan but I can empathise.

2ndSopranosRule Sun 19-Jun-16 21:55:52

I was really bad last week, and I've had the most awful weekend (my dad's very unwell and I've stupidly googled).

Actually dreading work tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now