Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Can anyone help me help DH?

(1 Post)
Melonrunner Sat 18-Jun-16 13:53:48

I've known DH about 10 years. At the beginning he told me he had OCD quite badly that it was distressing for him. He sorted it by himself and gradually over time it is almost gone but not quite. He has always had low moods too. Not all the time but he may have 3 weeks feeling fine followed by 4 weeks feeling low (just as an example).

When he is down he recognises it and doesn't know what to do. I almost forced him to the GP and she said he's not depressed as he has times when he feels fine. He was queen a leader that directed him to another organisation. He's tried some of the things they recommend but haven't worked.

He says sometime he feels so low he thinks about suicide although he didn't feel like he was actually going to do it.

Where do we go from here? Do you think there's any hope of these cycles changing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now