Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

What is this?

(2 Posts)
FairySouth Fri 17-Jun-16 07:55:35

So once or twice a month (possibly less than that) for the past year I've had this weird thing happen.
I get this strange deja vu feeling out of the blue and then come over really really nauseous and i find it scary. My breathing quickens and it's like my mind is not quite there.
It happened in bed last night and as it was happening I told my husband to please just talk about something anything to try and make it go away. My breathing quickened and I felt scared. It's weird and hard to explain but it feels like I've gone crazy for a few moments.
Dh commented last night that maybe it's a panic attack. Could this be what it is? It's happened several times while driving as well (always in the same place) but don't know what it could be.
I do have anxiety and suffer from stress and am currently on fluoxetine but I've been having these before starting any meds.

AnxietySertraline Sun 19-Jun-16 20:10:06

Sounds like a panic atack yes...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now