Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Feeling low. Anybody about?

(12 Posts)
FloatyFlo Fri 17-Jun-16 00:29:26

I didn't really know where to post this.

I stupidly watched an episode of 24 hours in police custody earlier this evening and it's triggered me off.

Horrible memories swirling round my head.
I feel rubbish. Heart racing. Can't take my mind off it.

Nerdygalwithabook Fri 17-Jun-16 00:38:24

Hey there flowers need to chat?

FloatyFlo Fri 17-Jun-16 00:42:02

I do. I don't really have much to talk about. Just needed to reach out. Nobody here in RL.

I'm just so daft for watching something that I knew would get me down. Gah. Trying to take my mind off it but I just have this heavy feeling in my body. What a donut.

Nerdygalwithabook Fri 17-Jun-16 00:43:34

Hey it's ok. Everyone has bad days and does thing that make them feel bad! If you wanna chat pm me and we can chat to take your mind off of it.

alwaysinamuddle Fri 17-Jun-16 00:47:07

Hi there flowers

If you need someone I'm sure me and PP could help smile

Nerdygalwithabook Fri 17-Jun-16 00:48:22

Teamwork! flowers

FloatyFlo Fri 17-Jun-16 00:53:51

Thank you both.

I feel a bit better already just to see some replies. Sometimes the night brings out the demons! And it can feel like I'm the only one in the whole world awake.

alwaysinamuddle Fri 17-Jun-16 00:58:06

Floaty That's quite a common feeling from what I understand, and night time TV can often be darker and more triggering but it doesn't invalidate your feelings.

We're here with you.

FloatyFlo Fri 17-Jun-16 01:08:14

flowers

I just feel angry about past things. I'm feeling really tightly wound. I wish I could say more but I worry is too identifiable but I don't want to be vague either.

I'm distracting myself by reading some of the lighter threads on here. Avoiding the serious ones.

Anxiety is exhausting. Now that I'm less upset my body feels so tired, but mind is still racing.

Nerdygalwithabook Fri 17-Jun-16 01:17:07

Anxiety is exhausting! It can keep you up till the early hours and wake you in the slightly less early hours, render you asleep throughout the afternoon!

Nerdygalwithabook Fri 17-Jun-16 01:17:26

Do you need to talk about the past things do you think?

alwaysinamuddle Fri 17-Jun-16 01:20:14

floaty if you want to say more ove PM feel free, the chance of me identifying you is minimal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now