Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

CBT, hypnotherapy, mindfulness, counselling??

(2 Posts)
Ifyoubuildit Sat 04-Jun-16 20:00:32

Can someone please explain what the difference is and what will help me.

I have tinnitus, it comes and goes, so isn't there all the time. The GP says it probably relates to hayfever/ allergies and is nothing sinister. It's loud and scary though.

The problem is that I have become quite obsessed about it. I seem to think about if it's there or not all the time and when it is there, I get so anxious I can barely function.

I went to the GP and she suggested deep breathing but it's just not enough. I need help to get some perspective and to deal with this before it takes over my life. It seems so insignificant but it's making me miserable.

I don't know what help I need though. I'm more than happy to pay for something that will make me feel better but have no idea where to start.

DigestiveBiscuit Mon 06-Jun-16 20:58:27

Can't help you on the mental health treatments, but our nephew found a white noise machine helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now