Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline for anger issues

(9 Posts)
GirlOutNumbered Thu 02-Jun-16 14:58:56

Hello
I have been prescribed sertraline. I went to the doctors about 8 weeks or so ago. I seem to struggle with my temper lately. Not really my mood, although I guess sometimes I can be quite teary over nothing, but really it's my temper. I feel it bubbling over sometimes and I get so angry.
Initially the doctor changed my oral contraceptive to Oysmen? but I hated it and it made me put on weight - I didnt notice any difference with temper, so I went back and she has prescribed Sertraline. I have read all the info that comes with them and I have just not taken them. The information inside is terrifying.
I feel a bit like a failure having to be here in the first place. I have really shouted at the kids and I know something needs to change, but I am reluctant to start on this road.
Can anyone share some words of wisdom here? Have they worked for you?

GirlOutNumbered Thu 02-Jun-16 15:00:11

I should also add that I came off the pill on Monday. Today I feel really shit; tired and have no get up and go. I just don't want to keep pumping hormones into my body, DH will have to use condoms.

GirlOutNumbered Fri 03-Jun-16 09:37:15

No one? sad

Stylingwax Fri 03-Jun-16 09:47:15

I take Sertraline. I have bipolar so slightly different and it was for the depressive side of it. But it's been life changing. Makes me feel like me again. I would happily stay on it forever. Two kids here.

Emotionallychallenged Fri 03-Jun-16 11:53:59

I went to see my GP the other day & he talked about the advantages of me going on this. (OP my anger/tears/ongoing sadness is horrendous but I still feel incredibly anxious about taking the antidepressants plunge)

Emotionallychallenged Fri 03-Jun-16 11:54:32

I went to see my GP the other day & he talked about the advantages of me going on this. (OP my anger/tears/ongoing sadness is horrendous but I still feel incredibly anxious about taking the antidepressants plunge)

GirlOutNumbered Fri 03-Jun-16 19:30:45

This is how I feel! I've come off the pill hopeful it will be that.
I don't feel angry everyday. But sometimes it will come from nowhere and it's scary.

Louisa111 Sun 05-Jun-16 09:58:54

I've been on sertraline on and off fir a few years mainly due to anxiety but it really helps me... At my worst I was terrible and it made me feel like myself again... It relaxs you and stops you getting uptight and angry.
I will warn you the first few days of taking it are quite hard... I felt very tired and a bit woozy but after that I could definately feel the fog lifting. I'm pregnant at the moment so have come off it but wouldn't hesitate to go back on it again in the future. Hope you feel better soon xx

GirlOutNumbered Sun 05-Jun-16 10:00:22

Thanks so much for finding the time to reply. I still haven't taken any. Am trying a month contraceptive free, to see if that helps. Although so far I feel terrible. I guess that's my body adjusting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now