Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

First anxiety attack?

(3 Posts)
Ajd786 Sat 28-May-16 08:28:01

Last night I experienced something I had never before and even this morning woke up with the same dread and heavy chest I slept with.
I keep having extremely distressing intruding thoughts, in particular involving my toddler coming to harm, not being harmed by me in any way should I add. ISIS feature in the thoughts a lot. However I have been having one horrible "day dream" which has given me crippling anxiety about going over railway crossings by now I completely avoid having to drive over them. However last night my mind became clouded so that this was all I could see and I couldn't stop shaking and itching myself even now writing this post is bringing back the heavy chest pains and itching that I felt last night

StirredNotShaken Wed 01-Jun-16 10:56:25

bumping this for you :-)

Tans1987 Thu 02-Jun-16 20:47:21

Hi ADJ
That is an anxiety attack but as a panic attack and anxiety sufferer you have to try not to dwell and overthink that experience because then it just starts taking over. I had my first one 18 months ago and I remember those feelings. You aren't alone xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now