Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Suggestions to help friend

(3 Posts)
rufus5 Sat 21-May-16 09:33:44

I'm going to visit a friend who has been admitted to a MH unit after having become depressed and suicidal. I was wondering if there is anything I can take for her that she might appreciate? I'm not sure she'd have any interest in reading, so don't think magazines would be appropriate. Obviously I know the best thing is just to spend time with her and talk with her, but I was trying to think if there might be anything that I could take. Any suggestions?

AliceScarlett Sat 21-May-16 11:04:50

Warm socks, toiletries, magazine's, sweets. All those things I really appreciated. Someone brought me some hair clips, i was endlessly grateful!

rufus5 Sat 21-May-16 11:18:18

Thanks Alice I appreciate your reply! It's tricky as I don't want to be insensitive - "oh, thanks for the grapes, but I haven't actually eaten anything in 3 days" - but would like something thoughtful and useful to take. Toiletries is a great suggestion!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now