Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Breakdown

(9 Posts)
Goingtobeawesome Sun 15-May-16 07:50:37

Mental/emotional

How do you know if you're having one of its starting ?

FarrowandBallAche Sun 15-May-16 10:02:29

I don't think you do know that one is starting tbh.

Ime it's a build up of many years and possibly many different issues and one day you just can't function anymore. Depression, anxiety often preceed this.

ProfessorPreciseaBug Sun 15-May-16 10:37:40

I don't think you can..
I could not see that I was heading down the tubes. Indeed I thought I was a paragon of virtue and it was everyone else who was at fault.. You can only see the world through your own eyes, but when you are ill, you can't see the sunshine for the brightness..

If you have good enough friends, they can tell you if you are becoming over the top.

Goingtobeawesome Sun 15-May-16 13:24:28

Thank you. I feel at the end of the road.

ProfessorPreciseaBug Sun 15-May-16 14:01:17

Can you get to see a GP?
and do you trust yours?

Goingtobeawesome Sun 15-May-16 14:10:08

Not easily and not sure I trust anyone.

Goingtobeawesome Tue 17-May-16 15:00:15

Really bad day today.

If I tell the nurse certain things at an appointment for something else, will it go on my notes does anyone know please?

ProfessorPreciseaBug Wed 18-May-16 09:01:32

If they are good, it should set the alarms ringing and someone should pay attention to you.

But the NHS is usually focussed on the task in front of them in order to meet targets so it is unlikely.

Goingtobeawesome Wed 18-May-16 10:53:43

Ok. Thank you. I'm thinking no real point telling her then. There's two things really, neither of which I'd want on my notes confused.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now