Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I don't want to feel this shitty! (anxiety)

(4 Posts)
Puffinity Fri 13-May-16 20:51:43

I have OCD and anxiety, which will project onto whatever is going on in my life. It has been extremely bad lately and I am just so fed up with it! I just wish there was a way to switch it off! I hate feeling like this, it's all-consuming, this constant feeling of fear and doom and the shame if I fuck things up (which I never have, to date, but never stop worrying about either). Today I was thinking I should just snap out of it, but I know I'm not doing myself any favours by thinking like that, because it's not that easy. Anyway, I guess I just want some sympathy...

Sweetandsour93 Sat 14-May-16 03:12:25

I sympathize OP, I suffer from bad anxiety as well. I often feel constantly on edge and panicky that something bad is going to happen. Lately I have had many anxious thoughts about my family dying, it's like deep down I know my thoughts are irrational but fear washes over me and I can't seem to do anything about it. When I do relax, it always feels temporary as if I'm just waiting for something to go wrong.

treaclesoda Sat 14-May-16 03:21:41

I suffer from anxiety too, although it is now well controlled with medication. But at my worst everything was terrifying. Everything. My mind played such tricks on me. I was exhausted and confused and frankly life was unbearable. I would never have understood it if I hadn't experienced it myself. You have my sympathy. flowers

Puffinity Sat 14-May-16 13:01:20

Thanks both! I'm a little better today though still worrying what other people will think of me if things go wrong. I know they probably won't, but still. Trying to keep busy today doing things that need to be done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now